|Real Time Streaming Quote Services|
Foreseeing Future Trends, Opportunities and Investments
Time Streaming Quote Services|
For the serious trader, watching real time prices and trends in one window, while having your stock trading site appear in another window is definitely having the "Edge".
Being able to direct trade ( ability to click on the stock price and go directly to a brokers trading program ) is another competitive advantage. Also having the ability to set alarm parameters that are activated when price points are hit, then making the trade is the loaded dice for success.
Combined, this total "Edge" is really an example of our STAR path in action.
Strategic - Focusing on the long term.
Tactical - Action you can take now and in the near future.
Anticipating - Sensing the future trends and shifts. We call this STAR Gazing.
Risk Sensible - Risk management. So you don't become a Falling STAR.
How It Works
Real time, Raw information from the stock trading floor or electronic network is sent to a Quote Vendor ( Middleman )
These Quote Vendors create programs that quote data and display it in a host of user friendly mediums. This includes creative spreadsheets and charts. Within the charting programs, you have the ability to set up a multitude of analytical features. For example, you can set up an indicator feature that measures price patterns of a stock and helps you visually forecast a stock's price performance. Thus, assisting you in optimizing your buys and sells. The list is endless of the researching and forecasting you can do if you have the time ( and right service provider)
Your greatest challenge is trying to figure out which service has the least amount of data stream back up or quote problems.
This is a real issue right now and as millions more are expected to jump online. with many of them trading stocks, the challenge continues to find the best trackers on the web. DepotDogs.com offers Real-time Quote polls and feedback on the top Real-time Streaming services.
What you want to watch for:
3) Speed of the quotes
4) Do they offer Nasdaq Level 2 quote screens?
5) Do they offer Direct Trading? ( ability to click on the stock price and go directly to a brokers trading program )
6) Do they offer e mail, pager or cell phone messaging based on alerts?
7) Do they offer charting and indicator features? ( For example, you can set up an indicator feature that measures price patterns of a stock and helps you visually forecast a stock's price performance.)
8) Do they offer scrolling news service and commodity news?
9) Do they limit the number of symbols you can track?
10) Do they offer an Excel link?
For More Information on Quotations visit The Edge - Real Time Quotes ( Streaming, Static and Delayed )